Document Scanner News & Reviews
Canon CS9000F-II Review
The Canon 9000F-II offers a lot more for the money over for example the Epson V550 flatbed and film scanner.
"..More DPI on film, twice the speed on A4 scanning plus a moving lamp film adaptor."
Moving film backlight. (New on series II)
It's very hard to light a large area to a consistent brightness, better film scanners have a moving backlight that tracks the CCD sensor thus ensuring better film backlight consistency. The same system is used in the Epson V800 (not V550).
New Wireless Version of the top selling Canon "DR" Document scanners
The Canon DR C225W Wireless scanner is ideal for general purpose distributed scanning of a variety of document types.
Wirelss And USB
Future proof your purchase in the case of buying more wireless devices.
Top feeding & default top eject Upright design.
- Full Auto Mode Automatically adjusts multiple settings with a single click
- ISIS & TWAIN drivers for Windows, TWAIN for Mac
- Scans up to 25 pages per minute in color, B&W, and grayscale
- Ultrasonic Double feed Detection
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to help create searchable and editable information
Canon DR C225 More Information
Wirelss And USB so you future proof your purchase in the case of buying more wireless devices.
TWAIN driver? (Technology Without An Important Name .. true story)
- 6400 x 9600dpi Resolution – outstanding photographic scanning quality combining image clarity and colour consistency.
- Scan & Share – automatically upload to Facebook, popular cloud services and more.
- Easy Photo Fix Technology – restore old faded colour photos and relive memories with one-touch.
- Power the mobile scanner via your PC’s Hi-speed USB 2.0 port — no batteries or AC adapter needed.
Quality of the EPSON V550 scanner scans can't be beat for the money.
People expect every new model to be better than the last. In the days of building to a price point and most consumer products becoming commodities that's not always the case in this case we're talking value.
Epson V550 Scanner Price
Epson Perfection V800 Photo Scanner is the Professional Buy
Review EPSON V800 Photo Scanner
Over the years scanners unlike many other tech products haven't changed a lot. If anyhting they are not as solid. Epson have upgraded the V700 with a LED light source and made other small incremental improvements, most notably the startup time.
The old school scanners could scan with all the DPI you'd need for press, the later scanners have basically got faster and cheaper.
The golden age of desktop publishing scanners was when UMAX powerlook scanners were all the rage.
Not too many years ago they would cost $3,000-$5,000, good as they were, which was good enough for magazine publishers to use, they are not a patch on the EPSON V800 Flatbed scanner.
There are many "cheap" "CIS" scanners around. Some cut costs with CIS image sensors (no depth of field) they look like they'll last 6 months.
The Epson V550 scanner is a good scanner for the money and is set to outsell the V700 but it's no V800 in terms of scanning all day long. The Epson V800 is built like a tank, fast as hell and leaves most scanners for dead unless you want to pay $15,000 or more for a drum scanner.
"..So you have to scan say 2,000 35mm slides. A dedicated slide scanner with an automatic feeder would be nice but now rare and expensive for a one off job. After you've scanned the slides you've got an expensive paper weight. With the EPSON V700 you can "batch scan" (Full instructions to batch scan 35mm slides PDF*) using the whole are of the flatbed to create a batch of scanned images from your slide collection, it's easy! If you have some medium format film, all the better. The V700 will eat them with more resolution than you're lightly to need for most prints.."
Why do companies strive for a paperless office?
Possibly be because 80% of employees waste an average of half an hour per day retrieving information, while 60% are spending an hour or more duplicating the work of others?
With full text searching finding and then emailing a copy of an invoice or document takes just seconds.
XT 6060 - A3 High Speed Scanner
Most scanners make a trade off.
You get CCD image quality with a cold cathode lamp that can't go the distance, like any cold cathode (fluorescent) lamp it starts to ware out from the outer edges.
Other scanners use CIS (Fax type) sensors and LED lights but CIS doesn’t have the depth of field or sensitivity of CCD.
All the best cameras are CCD.Microtek with the XT 6060 A3 scanner have the best of both worlds.
CCD quality and speed along with LED consistent light output and long life (LEDs can last up to 70 years).
So now there's no excuse to settle for a slow or detail lacking A3 scanner.Microtek XT6060
Microtek XT 6060 - A3 Heavy Duty Flatbed ScannerThe XT6060 Scanners is equipped with a CCD quality sensor, 600-dpi Optical resolution, LED light source and the patented Auto-Scan function, which enhances non-stop scanning effectiveness and work efficiency.The new Microtek XT6060 is the best choice for construction, civil engineering, art and design users.
- The fastest A3 flatbed scanner in the available with a CCD image sensor XT6060’s 600 dpi optical resolution meets every requirement from users about the clearness toward design drawings.
- A CCD image sensor performs much better than a CIS image sensor can do in depth of field, speed and color presentation.
- The LED light source not only meets the development trend of technology and ecology but also eliminates the warm-up time efficiently.
- Patented smart auto-scan function XT6060 is equipped with Microtek’s patented Auto-Scan function, which enables the scanner to scan automatically when detecting materials placed on the top, enhancing the efficiency of continuous scanning process .
XT6060 needs less than 3 seconds to scan a A3 200 DPI color image.
The Microtek XT5830 HS is an A3-sized flatbed scanner, with a slim and elegant appearance. At resolutions of 200 dpi and 300 dpi, it only takes three seconds to scan color materials.
- Absolute Level Scan Surface
- Narrow Boundary Design
- A3 Size Scans
- Full-scale A3 Colour Scan in only 3 Seconds
Microtek XT5830 HS A3 Scanner